Re West & Wesley

the league point guards to Van Exel.  He dropped in the draft a few
years back because he was rightly perceived as a head case.  He has
flashy talent, but his tendency to disappear at crucial times and to lose
his head are detriments to his team.  I'm not surprised at rumors that
West would like to swap him.  Yes, I would  rather have Wesley.  It's a
no-brainer to me.  The Lakers have gone about as far as they're going
with this squad of misfits--which is a problem with Jerry Buss, a problem
that West has to live with;  Buss wants flash--Van Exel, Shaq,
Bryant--and he's got it.  But I don't see much of a team out there.

Gene