Who popularity peak..

>From: "Jim M" <petenotped@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: The Who's Popularity Peak
>
>I'm just waiting for Kevin to run to your defense.  It's not like him to
>watch you get beat up like this.

Now, now...
We each have our own minds.
Plus, who was watching?
I was out boarding!

>From: Marcus Surrealius <bushchoked@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: The Who's Popularity Peak
>
>But too damned cold for this here Southern boy.

What?  I thought you wanted to move to the Smokies?
Oh, that's right, those aren't *real* mountains.

>> But, it does have it's value in seeing what bands
>> are/were popular.
>
>I don't think so. Tastes change. Many bands that were
>really, really popular in the past just seem dumb now.
>Like The Archies orBay City Rollers. And they're no
>longer played on the radio.

Exactly my point!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: The Who's Popularity Peak
>
>You & Mark can't seem to look beyond the band's *artistic peak* & see
>that, while that era was huge for the band, they were actually *more*
>popular & had *more* fans by the '79 - '82 era.

Yeah, what's up like that?
It's your question, who are they to make the rules and parameters?
Pop-u-larity.  Number of people.  World exposure.
Seems pretty damn easy to me!

>PLUS!!! - PLUS!!! - PLUS!!! - the
>legions of new fans they had picked up along the way!!!  Me, you, & Jon
>included!!!

Exactly!
What, did The Who *lose* fans right after '71?
Did Quad cause them to lose fans?
Did the death of Keith cause fans to pack it in?  Obviously not.
They got more!

>They may have lost fans with the death of Moon but that was far out-
>weighed, I contend, by the influx of new fans from '79 - '82.

Without question.
Well, maybe only Mark will raise question.
I'm wondering what color he sees when looking at the *blue* sky.

>You & Mark, I see, are both having
>problems separating the two.

What, Mark and Jim are inseparable?
Homo's!

>We'll probably have to wait till July when more of the snow in VT melts.

Board it hung up for the year now.
Time to sail!

>> It's not like him to watch you get beat up like this.
>
>Ha!  You've made a strong case but I still think I'm right!

You *are* right!

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: