Bandnamesetlistgame

>From: "Jim M" <petenotped@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: When Does a Band Stop Being a Band? Virusi
>
>> And, as was recently pointed out by an astute poster, all the publicity,
>>etc. lists them as "The Who".
>
>Aw, shucks.

Ha!  I hadn't seen your post that appeared right before mine when I wrote this.  If I had, I would have given you credit by name.
I was referencing the post made a couple weeks ago that said basically the same thing.
I assume that was you too?
Shame you have to say things twice before the sink in!

>From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: When Does a Band Stop Being a Band? Virusi
>
>>Good point.  I think that's exactly what Pete meant.
>
>I think Kevin is right on this.

You guys keep forgetting,....I *am* Pete!
<igtc'ers again slowly backing away with 'deer-in-the-headlights' look>

>From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Roger on the Radio
>
>Well,they're all old songs.  We change them all the time
>actually.  We're doing 5....no,7 songs actually, that we haven't
>done in about 5 years in England.

Ok, fine for the UK.
But, come on Roger, that's a bit of a cop out.

There's a good discussion going on around this on O&S.
Why, if a Who cover band can kick out obscure songs, and a whole bunch of 'em, why can't the original band...THE WHO, do the same?

A US tour with the same set-list is going to cause problems.
I hope that message gets across to DT.

>Email:  Is there going to be a tour?
>
>Roger:  Maybe later this year.

Maybe...
Maybe...
Maybe...

>We've got to get the album finished.
>We'll see what happens.

Banging my head against the desk....

>Roger loves the movie School of Rock.Thinks Jack Black did
>alot of good for rock n' roll.

I've been wondering if it's good enough to rent.

>From: "dwm1" <dwm1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: WHO TATTOOs
>
>has anyone else got a WHO tattoo,

If I remember correctly (ha!) thewho.org has a listing of Who tattoo photo's.

>i got mine today,
<snip>
>hurts like hell

Guess you'll be standing for a while??  ;-)

I wouldn't mind a small RAF target on my ankle.

>From: Jon Dawson <thirdofnever@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: new encore series
>
>I'm planning on buying one of the 4 available shows from this months gigs.....is anybody else on >the list planning to buy any of them?

Like Scott, I'm waiting for all the reviews, and then will buy one.

>From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: new encore series
>
>Well, it sounds as if Pino isn't playing around anymore. He may have been
>holding back in 2002 after all. Maybe now he feels like he's a member of this
>band. This living band.

Where you getting that from?
I listened to the mediafile from Pete's site last night, and really couldn't hear Pino except in a few cases where the overall volume was low.
Am I missing something?

> "And although I have the permission of the majority, the begrudging approval
>of some, and the cynical approbation of a minority of the 'cool' - I don't
>give a fuck for any of it.  I know who I am, what I have done, what I can and
>must do today (for love) and what I will do tomorrow.  I also know that I am
>younger, fitter, more suited to all this than I have ever been" -PT

Where is this quote from again??

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Put Downs and Send-Ups Tour....
>
>I'm not sure it's been mentioned here.  Apparently, this interview
>CD is a re-packaged re-release of one that came out a few years ago.
>Nothing new.  No music.  Just interviews.

Same picture interview disc that came with Charleswoth's little book on music by The Who??

>From: PT408@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: The two new songs
>
>I'm buying Then & Now, I'll support a possible tour, but let's hear some new stuff live.

AMEN!

Whoops, I mean...YEAH!

Kevin in VT

Confidentiality Notice: