Re: ORW & RGLB

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"
<sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> > I hesitate to even write this, but I keep thinking I'm listening
> > to Walking in Memphis.
>
> I think that was intentional.  I'm not familiar with that particular
> Elvis song but someone on another list said that the piano parts are
> the same.

No, no, no, Walking in Memphis is a ten-ish year old Pop song that I've
never really cared for.  That's the other song that I meant has an Elvis
reference, not ORW.  I'm sure you know it, but here's a sample....

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000063BN9/qid=1079729328/sr=1
-2/ref=sr_1_2/104-9685908-2641558?v=glance&s=music

The RGLB piano intro. and some of its lyrics are taken directly from Elvis'
Can't Help Falling In Love.  Do you really not know that song?

So, how about that opening chord of Pete's.  Does anyone know why it sounds
*so* familiar to me?  At first listen, as soon as I heard it I had this,
"Aaaahhhh, Who" feeling.

Jim M