Re: Weird BBE

It could also have been from the Cheiftains AN IRISH EVENING CD, which was recorded in Ireland. Billy Nicholls sings harmony and the Cheiftains play various strange instruments. No Entwistle.

keets

----- Original Message ----- From: "Alan McKendree" <amck@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> >Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2004 13:17:31 -0500
> >From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> >
> >That was Roger's version of BBE he performed with the trad-Irish group
> >The Chieftans for 1995's DALTREY SINGS TOWNSHEND bonanza.  I think
> >Entwistle plays an acoustic bass on it, doesn't he?
>
> The DST tour was in 1994.  The recording was almost certainly from
> the kickoff shows of that tour at Carnegie Hall on February 23 & 24.
> John did play an acoustic bass for those shows, but an electric on
> the rest of the tour.

I thought it was a studio recording, but I may be wrong. The crowd may have
just been asleep. I almost nodded off, and I was driving.

Jim M

One-click access to Hotmail from any Web page  download MSN Toolbar now! http://clk.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200413ave/direct/01/