Re: celeb who fans

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 06:07:42 -0800 (PST)
From: Ken in MD <seahawkman2001@xxxxxxxxx>

Jay Leno?  are you fucking kidding?
the same guy who this time last year thought it was
funny to make monologue jokes about Pete?

Everything I've seen/read/heard about Jay Leno indicates that he will do just about anything he's told. There doesn't seem to be much soul there. It's not that he's evil, he's just a big cuddly bear who wants to please everybody. Therefore, when the Pete thing came up, cracking jokes about it was just the standard thing to do for him. Part of the show is making jokes about current events...Pete was a current event...the conclusion was obvious. I wrote the show a hot e-mail at the time, and I'm sure a number of others did as well, and I can easily imagine him being shocked and not understanding why anyone would take the issue so seriously. He doesn't strike me as malicious, just...mechanical.

Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 01:10:59 EST
From: JOELTLE515@xxxxxxx

ok, since I left the subject on late night talk show hosts, i'll also mention
conan o' brien and HIS bandleader/e street band drummer max weinberg.      it
seems every surviving who member (John, pete and roger) have been on the show
and conan often expresses his love for the band and max has credited keith
moon as one of his drumming influences.

Craig Kilborn had Roger on recently. It was a good interview, much more interesting questions than Conan's.

by the way, it seems that another cause of death for righteous brother bobby
hatfield was "acute cocaine intoxication". it also had to do with a heart
disease of some sort. sound familiar?

Too familiar.

I still say that heart medication possibly has a trace of coke in it and when they were doing the autopsy, they automatically assume he was sniffing the power when it could be a trace in heart medication.

I'm happy to admit I'm no doctor but this suggestion is surprising, not to say unbelievable. Can you name a prescription heart medication that you KNOW contains cocaine? or are you saying that any given pill could possibly contain traces of any known substance (cocaine, steel, Bermuda grass, etc.)? or what?

Cheers,
--
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN."