Re: Pino on Bass

In a message dated 2/13/2004 8:17:35 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Kevin.ONeal@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<Sleep with one eye open tonight Jo.  ;-)

I do that everynight!

<
For a pro session player, they play the way they will always play.
You're assuming that with more practice, he will start to incorporate more
violent flurries, and other things that are not part of his normal playing style.
I don't believe that.
We get what we got.

All I know is what my ear (singular, ha!) tells me.  When I listened to the
encore CD,  I was like "he sound's pretty fucking good".  Not adequate, but
good.  Different then with Kenney Jones, who I might add, I have never bashed (oh
shit, I can hear the archives light up now).

I was expecting to feel pain and loss when I heard Pino play with Roger and
Pete in 2002.  Of course I miss John.  But, I didn't *feel* like "oh shit, what
did they do by having Pino step in?".  I *felt* like, "he sounds good".

Sometimes though, when you build yourself up to be disappointed, you're
unexpectedly and pleasantly surprised.

Scott, put the KISS trashcan down my friend and pass the J.................

Jo :)