Re: The Kinks in your logic....

----- Original Message ----- From: "O'Neal, Kevin W."

> >Oooh, I don't know.  You don't think You Really Got Me and Lola are
> >considered staples in rock?
>
> At a certain level, sure.
> But at the level of WGFA?
> At the level of Bargain?
> At the level of Behind Blue Eyes?
>
> Ahem....at the level of *BABA*?

No, but I would say that, on most of the radio station all time top 100
lists that you've been talking about, You Really Got Me would be behind only
WGFA and maybe Baba.  I guess one question we need to answer is, can
prototypical 60's rock songs like YRGM, Satisfaction, My Generation be
compared to these 70's epics like WGFA, You Can't Always Get What You Want,
Stairway to Heaven?  How can a little three and a half minute song stand up?
But, they are the cornerstone and the purest form of rock.

> Jim, don't be afraid.
> It's ok to stand up to Mark.
> His bark is worse than his bite.

Bah.  He's on the digest, so the worst you ever get back from him is a one
or two line quip in the middle of a 20 topic post.  It's *your* screeds that
really make me nervous!

Jim M