Re: Those Rat Bastards

> If someone calls themselves loyal or hard core fan of the Who, why would
> they NOT go to a Who show, after a member dies?

The easiest answer is:  everybody's different.  Make no mistake about it,
Mark is a hardcore Who freak.  He could just as easily ask *you* why you
haven't purchased or sought out the dozens & dozens of CD bootlegs that
are available.  How could someone call themselves a Who fan & not have
a huge collection of bootleg Who CDs?

Of course the reason is because you (Jo) express your passion for the band
in other ways.  You're not a completeist collector, rather, you enjoy the
concert experience.  Mark *is* a completeist collector but he doesn't like
the sound of the current line-up & doesn't go to the shows.

So, who's the better, more hardcore fan?

> If you're a loyal fan, why don't you support them by going?

Because some Who fans just don't like the live sound of the band in its
current incarnation.  The dynamics have changed.  It's a different sound.
Many things about the original band that excited the person in the beginning
are now gone.

> I think the people who are so against Roger and Pete continuing, have
> some major personal issues and need to spend some quality time on a couch
> (in a psychiatrist office that is).

Oh come on, Jo.  You're picking one aspect of being a Who fan (seeing live
shows) & judging people by that standard alone.  Someone could just as
easily
say that *you* need to spend some time on the psychiatrist's couch because
you haven't purchased everything that Pete has made available on his Eel Pie
website.  Why won't you support him by buying all those CDs?  How can you
call yourself a loyal Who/Pete supporter when you haven't even purchased all
of Pete's Eel Pie CDs?  Tsk, tsk.

And while we're at it, just how many Who/Pete CDs are in your collection,
Jo?  Under a hundred?  And you call yourself a Who fan?

- SCHRADE in Akron

Nature does not deceive us; it is we who deceive ourselves.
	- Jean-Jacques Rousseau (1762)