Re: NewOperaTwinkle

> > Oh, I'm sorry Jon.  Er,....I mean Kevin.
>
> I had to read that a few times before I understood it.

Cheap shot.  I'm sorry.  And incorrectly punctuated at that.  I forgot my comma
before "Jon."

> I don't think that Pete can do no wrong,

I know, I know.  It's just that you take a lot of shit (mostly from Kevin & me)
for your usually consistent rosy outlook.  I just wanted to point out to Kevin
that he was criticizing me for criticizing Pete.  Seemed out of character, that's
all.

> I just didn't see any evidence that the media charges against him were fair
> given what he was really doing for molested kids.

Whoa there, Daddy-O.  My comment wasn't intended to harken back to *that*
whole debate.  You misunderstand.  Again, sorry.

> Now I've had trouble sleeping due to this argument about the impact of the
> loss of John to future Who tours.  Thanks.

Damn Kevin.....

> There are many variables in this, but I really don't think it will make that
> much of a difference for the main reason that Pete and Roger are the visible
> ones and always have been.

Right.  That's what I'm saying, too.  Kevin seems to think everyone (or nearly
everyone) at a Who concert is aware of John's importance to the band.  I'm
saying a good percentage of them *aren't* aware of his importance & many
would be hard-pressed to even come up with his name!

>  Bass is an underappreciated instrument to the masses and they are the ones
> that buy the bulk of the tickets.

Well, it's nice to see *someone's* grounded in a little reality.  Right again, Jon.
But according to Cousin Krumple, since *he* knows Entwistle was the best
bass player of all time, he feels most of the other Who concert attendees should
know that, as well.

>  Pete generates the excitement.  Face it, he is the source of all of this Who
> energy when they play live.

True again.  Where were you five days ago when this whole argument started?!

> I bought the entire 2002 tour on CD because I dug it so much.  Am I wrong
> for this?  Am I stupid?

No, you're a Who freak, that's all.

> Am I appreciating something that I shouldn't be?

Not at all.  Calm down.  It's the "mid-level" fans we're talking about here.

> You can just stay home and get yesterday's newspaper out of the garbage
> and read it over and over until you die.

Good analogy.

> I'll be out having a blast with them and keep my system regular.

So will me & Kevin.  Unless he refuses to let me in his Jeep.  ;-)

 - SCHRADE in Akron

Wooden legs are not inherited but wooden heads may be.
   - Edwin G. Conkling