Re: NewOperaTwinkle

In a message dated 9/27/2003 3:03:04 PM Eastern Standard Time,
schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> What was that shot at Pete by calling his new project "his *little* story".
> Just a bit belittling, don't ya think?

Oh, I'm sorry Jon.  Er,....I mean Kevin.

I had to read that a few times before I understood it.  I don't think that
Pete can do no wrong, I just didn't see any evidence that the media charges
against him were fair given what he was really doing for molested kids.  I would
stand up for anyone in his shoes.  Unless it was proven to me that he indeed
was what he was accused of by the casual folks.  That is why I am here. That is
my function. To set them straight! Embarrassment from misunderstanding aside.
Quite solidly entrenched in reality to boot.  I'm just the best.

Now I've had trouble sleeping due to this argument about the impact of the
loss of John to future Who tours.  Thanks.  Why did he have to go and die?  I'd
be better rested had he changed his lifestyle sooner.

There are many variables in this, but I really don't think it will make that
much of a difference for the main reason that Pete and Roger are the visible
ones and always have been.  John rocked, but just stood there.  Bass is an
underappreciated instrument to the masses and they are the ones that buy the bulk
of the tickets.  Bass freaks and Who freaks are in the minority.  Who fans ARE
very loyal fans as fans go, but this is one reason they will be there anyhow.
 Pete generates the excitement.  Face it, he is the source of all of this Who
energy when they play live.  Roger sweetly balances him and even makes him
stand out more because he isn't the only main dude.  When I first got into them,
one thing that struck me is that the singer isn't the main guy.  That is
strange when compared to most bands.  Roger is here and the voices are here and
the electricity is here.  The Who mantle still falls when they get up onstage
and I bought the entire 2002 tour on CD because I dug it so much.  Am I wrong
for this?  Am I stupid?  Am I appreciating something that I shouldn't be?  Oh
well.  You can just stay home and get yesterday's newspaper out of the garbage
and read it over and over until you die.  I'll be out having a blast with them
and keep my system regular.

Jon in Mi.