Re: New Who Brew...

> This pisses me off, that it should be this way.  Pete does NOT deserve
> this.

Just gotta get used to it.  You can't live in a box & pretend it's not
gonna happen.  There's going to be criticism & there's going to be jokes.
If the album's good, then Pete & Roger have the last laugh.  If it sucks
(and let's not fool ourselves by saying it *can't* suck), then The Who
& their legacy take another hit & we all get to make excuses to our
friends when they ask us why that Who album sucked so bad.  Worried?  You
bet I'm worried.

> However, life sucks and you deal,

Very true.  What else can we do?  And, hey, the album might be good!  We
might get to run around screaming to people, "Ah ha!  I told you so!  Fuck
you!"

> Pete I think needs to look hard at how he handles things in the shadow
> of that scandal.

I think it's a positive sign that he's not "hiding out."  He's working,
he's creating, he's keeping busy, he's staying visible.  That's brilliant!
I think he's to the point where he's saying, "Fuck it.  I don't care any-
more what people say.  I'm gonna do what I want to do."  That's healthy.

> But, no matter how *sensitive* he may write, once Roger wraps his voice
> around it, it gives it that perfect edge, that *Who* edge.

Good description.  That's why I said Roger probably won't allow another
soft, IRON MAN-ish album.  And don't think Zak's drumming won't have any
effect on the tone & power level of the album.  If he plays in the studio
like he plays live with The Who, that will lend a lot of strength to the
sound of the album.

> That way all you guys who aren't in touch with your sensitive side
> ............. "co~ Scott~ugh", excuse me...........

Hey, I've got a kick-ass feminine side!  Gorgeous!  I know what it's like
to be a woman, damnit!  ;-)

> and us gals can get it both ways rough and soft............

............nah, forget it.  Too easy.

> The anticipation is exhilarating

Yes, it is.  Exciting times.  BTW, I wonder what happened to Pete's auto-
biography?

- SCHRADE in Akron

The infliction of cruelty with a good conscience is a delight to moralists -
that is why they invented hell.
	- Bertrand Russell (1872 - 1970)