Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #282

> ...now I cringe when I hear those synth notes.

Not me.  Like Kevin, "Baba" still does it for me.

> For me it was a more steady rise...

I didn't mean to imply that U2 rose to fame quickly; I just wanted to point out
that JOSHUA TREE was the album that pushed them over the edge (!) into
superstardom.

>  But they went downhill from there.

Yalp.  Bono's a politician now.

> > You know, I don't hear *that much* of a Pete influence in Edge's guitar
>
> You wouldn't, just to be contrary.

Not true - on occasion my comments are both truthful & sincere.

> > I think the truth about Who fans at a concert knowing who Entwistle is
> > lies somewhere between Kevin's & Mc's opinions.
>
> "cou-Switzerland-gh"   Excuse me, I seem to be coming down with something.

Har har.  Just for that I'm throwing my support behind the Dean campaign.
My new slogan?  Wes Gets You Less.  (!)

> > What is your favorite Who album cover? Your least favorite?
>
> Least: A Quick One. This ain't the Monkees, chum!

Oh, I forgot about that one!  That's my least favorite, also.  They have Entwistle
on the cover playing the bass left-handed!  And it seems to be a 10-string!
Same with Pete's "guitar" - a 10-string.  (?) Also, Moon is drawn holding the stick
in his left hand in the conventional (think Charlie Watts) manner.  Keith didn't
play that way.  Terrible cover.

 - SCHRADE in Akron

Wooden legs are not inherited but wooden heads may be.
   - Edwin G. Conkling