Re: More Who in the movies.....

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:34:06 -0400, Joe Lewinski <lewinski@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

>Kevin wrote:
>

> >Movies:  How can it not be a good thing.  It means there are producers and
> >directors, who are by trade "experts" in the entertainment industry, who have
> >such an affinity for the music by The Who, as to use it in their product,
>also
> >believing that it will have mass appeal and will bolster their product.
> >Quite telling.
>
>I agree here.   The more the better for quality pictures.   The Happy Jack
>commercial is a perfect example of an entire complex story in a 60 second
>bit.  Pete's music has always been able to paint wonderfully complex pictures
>for me that help tell stories.
>
> >Selling Products:  Same theory as above, thus a good thing, but then you get
> >into the "sell out" factor.  Using ones music to sell a product.
> >So, a bit of a negative there.
>
>It's got to be a good fit.   I was listening to the live A Friend Is A Friend
>from Iron Man (boot from 1989 tour) and was thinking this would be a great
>song to unite people for a good cause (Red Cross, UNICEF, MS, ...)
>
>Here are some bad fits in my opinion:
>
>for Ritalin:  "There's a man I found could bring us all joy,
>                 There's a doctore I found could cure the boy"
>
>for birth control / abstinence:   "Pictures of Lily"
>
>for contact lenses / RK eye surgury:  "I Can See For Miles"
>
>Now you join in.
>
>Joe in Philly

"Behind Blue Eyes" for colored contact lenses
"You Better You Bet" for state lotteries
"Trick of the Light" for light bulbs or lamps
"Going Mobile" for cars
"Love Ain't for Keeping" for divorce lawyers

Leslie

--
"Every one of the innocents who died on Sept. 11 was the most important person on earth to somebody.
Every death extinguished a world." -- President George W. Bush, 12/11/2001

www.hillary-watch.org