Re: John's absence

>From: Sroundtable
>Subject: Re: John's absence
>
>Well, he had just died and there was all sorts of mainstream press
attention given to him.  The average Joe had likely seen or heard of him at
that point.

Well, now I'm lost.
If "the average Joe had likely seen or heard of him at that point", then are
they going to forget about him by the next (if) tour?
You're underestimating the power and draw of The Ox.  Voted by his peers as
the greatest rock bassist of the millennium.  Boris the Spider.  My Wife.
He's not as unknown as you make him out to be.
While we're hypothesizing, I'd hypothesize that you may be tainted due to
the lack of times you've seen him live.
I'm not trying to insult or point "out a weakness", but just suggesting that
people's viewpoints can be influenced by their real life experiences.

>I hypothesize that he was asked not to.

Come on man, you can't just make shit up as you go along.

>I think Pete and especially Roger wanted a more low key bass performance,
sticking to simple fills and note changes.

Right.  Any evidence what so ever to back that up?
All Pete said is "we don't expect you to be John."
That doesn't mean "don't play your ass off".
Hell, they were scared entering the tour ("we're going on with the show,
pray for us John where ever you are.").
Why would they purposely want to limit themselves.
It don't make sense.

>I can guarantee Pino can jam with the best of them.  If they unshackle him,
he'll fit in well.

I'd put more credence into what you're saying if I thought you had heard any
of his previous work.