Relating U2 & Police & Limp Biz to The Who

>Found your way from behind all those dollars rolling in??
Viva Le Internet!

Kevin:

Trust me to find a way to beat the Bush economy.

>Where the hell was I??
I didn't become aware of U2 until Live Aid, or about then.

Not watching MTV, that's for sure. The first I heard of U2 was the Gloria video, on the barge. Went out and bought that album immediately. Already been into the Police for a few years at that point, and I'd venture to say U2 was never as big as the Police until Sting went solo. And that both were clearly influenced by The Who.

> Still not clear what your stance is.

The Edge is, like Pete, primarily a rhythm guitarist. Driving and powerful. Makes sense, coming from Punk which was DEFINITELY influenced mostly by The Who.

>what's going on, is subtle, but it has a different sound.

Well, yeah, I never said he was a clone. I thought you were wondering if he was a Townshend fan. I've been a Who fan for 34 years but MY songs don't sound like theirs at all.

>But Sting's too much of an egotistical maniac to ever permit that.
He should just kiss Madonna and get it all over with.

I don't know...all of his albums after Soul Cages have been pretty mediocre. At some point he will realize it's his only option. Like Pete did in 1989, 1996, 2000...

>Fat Albert?

Rerun?

>Yeah, I was out at the boat last evening shoring everything up.
Forecast is for 40mph winds with gusts over 50-60.

We got 30 MPH at the worst. It was nothing. However I'll bet Jon Dawson saw a bit of action, up there in Kinston NC. Even so, he was S of the main thrust.

>I was right!

As I was, completely and without question, about Bush and Iraq, WMD and nukes, a 9/11 connection...it was all bullshit, every bit of it. How many soldiers must die for this lie? 3 more this morning...it makes me sick to my stomach. Just Say Yes to Wes!

>Bizcuit's new video. It's a cover of Behind Blue Eyes and features a big kiss between Fred Durst and Halle Berry.

Inga:

It would make more sense if it was Halle Berry and Britney. IMHO.

> but for my part it's probably *the* Who song I can do without hearing again...

I definitely agree with you on that! Ditto on Baba and Pinball Wizard. Too much of anything...

Cheers         ML

Please visit us on the web for frequently updated stock listings:
www.amazon.com/shops/mleaman2