Re: Did Someone say Who Tour? Read till the end

> > Actually, they need to just stop altogether.
>
> Scott:  You can't really mean this, can you?  You
> would deny friends the opportunity to get together
> and play music and have fun?  Come on...

Welcome back, Joe!  I was thinking about you.

I gotta admit, a big part of me (my head) wants The Who to just pack it in.
I mean, if they're somehow able to scrape together a new album, then OK.
Go out & tour.  But I'm not sure if I'm really jonesing for them to take
to the road next summer to do yet another tour, playing the same old songs.
(Conversely, if they did tour I'd probably buy tickets for multiple shows!)

OK, they followed through on their commitment after Entwistle died & did the
last tour.  Fine.  It *did* help the grieving process.  It served a purpose.

But without a new album, & without their longtime bass player, do they
really
need to go out on the road again?  It's all starting to feel diluted, like
the '89 tour.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to spend some time with Who freaks again.
That's always fun.  Part of me wants *that* but part of me wants The Who to
just stop.

If I had a choice between a non-new-album Who tour & a finished Pete Town-
shend autobiography, I'd take the autobiography.  I'm sorry if that sounds
negative.  I'm not exactly comfortable with the thought, either.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope & the
telescope.
   - Theodore Roszak