Re: Getting Into (or sick of) The Who

> At the beginning of the 90's, I went through a "The Cure", "Depeche
> Mode", "Oingo Boingo" phase.  That was a fun time.  :)

Yeah, I went through an alternative/progressive phase in college during
the late '80s/early '90s.  Cure, New Order, Smiths, Siouxsie & the Ban-
shees.  I never like Depeche Mode, though.

I was still strongly into The Who at the same time.  When everyone else
was wearing Jane's Addiction tee-shirts I was strolling around in a
trench coat adorned with Who patches & insignias.

I remember a friend from back then saying something to me like, "I think
it's so cool that you proudly display your love of The Who even though
everyone else is in our crowd is into progressive bands."  Kind of a left-
handed compliment but said with sincerity.

Incidentally, we were calling that type of music (Cure, New Order, etc.)
"progressive" back then - before the term "alternative" was being used.
I'm not sure why that was because the term "progressive" was already
linked to "progressive rock" - ELP, YES, & the like.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Nature composes some of her loveliest poems for the microscope & the
telescope.
   - Theodore Roszak