Re: Getting Into (or sick of) The Who

> Hmm... In my youth?  The Beach Boys, Sweet & REO Speedwagon.  Shitty
> enough?  OK, maybe not the Beach Boys.

Well, I guess REO Speedwagon can be considered a shitty band even though
I liked some of their stuff way back when.  HI INFIDELITY was all over
the airwaves back then.  Plus early MTV.  I never bought any of their stuff,
though.

The Sweet aren't shitty.  I've got quite a few friends who love The Sweet.
Good Glam Rock (or Glitter Rock, as Cuz Kev calls it).

And how could we call the Beach Boys shitty when our dear sweet Keith Moon
loved them so?  (Is it true they didn't play the instruments on some of
their early albums?)

Me?  My ultimate shitty band is Triumph.  Canada's Rock & Roll Machine!
Rush, my ass!  Allied Forces all the way!  Dagnabit, now why doesn't
Triumph reunite?

Cake?

- SCHRADE in Akron

To pursue science is not to disparage the things of the spirit. In fact, to
pursue science rightly is to furnish the framework on which the spirit may
rise.
   - Vannevar Bush, 1953

He that increaseth knowledge, increaseth sorrow.
   - Ecclesiastes 1:18