Re: Chicken or the egg........

	>From: "Schrade, Scott"
	>Subject: Re: Chicken or the egg........
	>
>> It just happened.
>
>True but

Oh jeez, you still here??
I thought you'd be over on the Kiss List, ummm.....kissing?
Do you wear makeup?

>after seeing the crowd's reaction to the equipment smashing
>one can imagine Kit Lambert telling the band, "Keep doing it, keep
>doing it!"

Oh, I thought that was fact.

>The first auto-destruction moment was supposedly an accident.

If it wasn't, it was genius.

>We know
>*that* wasn't planned.  But I think after that the band & its management
>realized they had stumbled onto a great promotional tool.

One that only The Who could have pulled off.
The Beatles smashing their instruments?
"I love you, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeahhhhhhhh...<SMASH!>
Can't see it.

The Stones smashing their instruments?
"Here comes *RUBY* Tuesday...who could ever put a name on <SMASH!>
Na Uh.

Now,
"Why don't you all fffff-ade away!
<SSSSSMMMMMAAAAASSSSSHHHH!>
Yes!  That's it!

It might of turned into a gimmick, but only did so because it's where the music led them.

And, since when are you agreeing with Mc, anyway???

(just a joke Mc.  Deep breaths. ;-)

Kevin in VT