Re: Aerosmith concert...Kiss thinks they are The Who

> well, I happen to like KISS very much.

I do, too,.....Jon!  And Sandy!  And Jo!  ;-)  ;-p  I suppose I should
clarify & say I like the "makeup KISS," not the mid-80s "Heaven's On Fire"
KISS.

KISS was the first rock band I really "got into."  I was obsessed with them
in 5th & 6th grade.  My older brother just scoffed.  KISS is like The Doors:
the people who hate them *really* hate them, & the people who like them
*really* like them.

Many of their lyrics *are* cheesy, but if the Rolling Stones & Led Zeppelin
can write songs about chasing skanky women then why can't KISS?

And, Jon, "Beth" is a touching song about a rock musician who feels the tug
of both his girlfriend & his band - and the band wins!  At least for one
night it did!  And the song you liked with the "booming bass drum" is prob-
ably "Love It Loud," not "Play It Loud."  That's Eric Carr on drums who died
of cancer several years ago.  He replaced Peter Criss in the early '80s.

Ace Frehley has on occasion cited Pete Townshend as his favorite & most in-
fluential guitar player.  KISS covered "Won't Get Fooled Again" in the '80s.
They play WGFA over the PA before they take the stage.  And Paul does do re-
verse windmills & engages in autodestruction.  (And for all you people who
are shocked that Paul smashes a "prop" guitar, don't forget The Who smashed
fake prop amps in the early days, too.  And Pete often had a crappy, beat
up guitar he'd use at the end of shows, just for "My Generation" - that he
could feel safe about smashing up.)

KISS is a guilty pleasure of mine.  And I don't want any of you people out
there pretending there aren't dorky artists that you like, either!  KISS
wrote & played some catchy rock tunes.  And if you can get beyond some of
the cheesy lyrics, their early albums from the '70s are really enjoyable.

- SCHRADE in Akron

The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never worship-
ped anything but himself.
   - Sir Richard Francis Burton (1821 - 1890)