Re: The Vegas Job - advance DVD review

I got my copy today and I can tell you that this is a crystal clear
recording of the Who's 1999 Pixelon iBash show, which I imagine must have
come from the tv feed direct. It is NOT a boot recording from the internet
broadcast.

I haven't had a chance to watch the actual concert yet, I've just watched
the opening of the show which features the video montage of photo's of the
Who, album covers and posters for various tours and the start of I can't
explain.

I also watched the interviews with Who fans - very amusing - especially the
attractive girl with long blonde hair, who invited to explain why she was at
the show, replied "The Who fucking ROCK"!!  The presenter grimaced and then
said "Thanks for cleaning that up".

The star of the fan interviews must be the woman from Boulder Colorado who
ended up lying on the floor demonstrating how she gave birth to her son
Grant while listening to Tommy!

The interview with John was fairly anodyne, the usual questions like Did
John use the internet, would they play Boris, any plans for future
recordings, etc, and then finishesd on a freeze frame of John with the words
"Remembering John Alec Entwistle 1944 - 2002"

I will be watching the DVD in its entirety tomorrow and hopefully can give
you a "review" of the concert recording itself - don't expect any audiophile
reviews as I don't have a 5:1 set up on my tv.dvd - and the interview with
Roger.

Technically, it's region 2, 5:1 and DTS sound, no widescreen, and the only
extras are the interviews with Fans, Roger and John.

There is no leaflet with the DVD, and there is very, very little information
on the disc or the jewel case liner.

Some have suggested it's not entirely a legal DVD, but it will be available
in the shops in the UK and it's being sold by reputable British web stores,
so it must be as legal as it can be.

Cheers,

John