Tommy 5.1 puzzle solved

I belived I've figured out why I'm not getting the 5.1
output of Tommy Deluxe. It seems while my SACD player
will play 5.1 DVDs, it will NOT read the multichannel
portion of SACDs. Mainly because when a player can, it
gives one the ability to mix those channels
themselves. Apparently this takes a lot more circuitry
and raises the cost significantly. Not being
interested in doing this, I didn't bother to even
explore that aspect of a player when I decided on one.
So I can't tell you how it sounds in 5.1...at least
for the moment.

=====
Just say Yes to Wes!

        Cheers         Mark Leaman