Re: Re-Pete still

> eration stereo mix down.  Eccentric Mark Leaman will
> let us know soon how

Scott:

I'm just a high tech kinda guy.

> I need help filling in the other characters.

Jo:

Don't even bother trying to place me on the
Enterprise, if anyone I'm John Crichton from Farscape
One.

> truth:  Pete simply fucked up.

Scott:

Eggs-ACTLY.

> But, Mr. Leaman, "the end" as you put it keeps being
> prolonged by Pete
> himself!

Don't you think his continued interest might be a
result of hearing about it yet again? Don't you think
he wants to move on? What's the name of that worm with
the convolutedly spelled last name, tail in mouth?

> diary post.  Don't blame
> Cousin Kevin!

AHHHH! I can't have ANY fun!

> Slightest reason?  Pete's own words on the matter?

The apparent small inconsistancies in the words.

> Wah!  Wah!  Cry if you want.

Yeah, yeah. Hand me my checkbook and I'll crawl off to
die.

> Neither do we.  We just want to know the specifics
> of what he actually did.

Why does it matter if he's not a pedophile? Once you
grant that, then you have to grant his motives were
innocent. Right?

> I disagree.  This pedo-mess was the single most
> potentially damaging
> event of Pete's career.

ESPECIALLY if it keeps getting brought up and even his
fans question him.

> is some big-time shit, my friend.

Not to me. He's innocent, end of line.

> And a lot of it's still stuck to my
> shoes.

That's right, force me to quote Mick Jagger: Got to
scrape that shit right off your shoe.

> What's wrong with examining Pete's words &
> statements?  That's what I've
> been doing most of my life!

With bad intent?

> Shit!  Then why don't I have a better car?

Or a better President?

> Thou Art Garfunkel.

No, I art a lot more like Eddie Vedder or Billy Idol.
So I guess this means your interest in science doesn't
include fiction.

> Really.  You like that HOUSE THAT TRACK BUILT "Young
> Man Blues" better than any live version?  That's
odd.

No it's not.

> The studio version has no soul (!),

I disagree. Although I'll grant you the "drum mix"
we're now treated to makes it hard to tell.

> very little feel, & practically zero threat or
> power.

When the guitar is mixed properly, it's ferocious.
Daltrey is equally powerful. Keith, I need say
nothing.

> Hardly.  It has mistakes.

So does a lot of Who music. Remember the original mix
of the chorus on Eminence Front?

> Well, you know why they did that don't you?  So when
> Daltrey re-did the vocals he would have a tempo
guide to better help him record the final vocals.

OK, Kit.

  Notice how he has to rush the very last
> vocal ("Nowadays, if
> you're the young man...." instead of
> "Nowadaaaaaaaaays, if...." like on
> live versions).

So? If it was the same, what would be the point? Is
the studio Substitute anything like the live version?
OK then.

> Yeah, we need your SACD-format opinion!  And quick!

Already done.

> this the other day.   I'm Not Gonna Run is a great
> song,

Joe:

I think so too. About 1/3 of the album is great.

> Still you...how did ya put it..."deconstructing"
> Pete by protesting his decision to continue as The
> Who.
> Shame on you!

Kevin:

Et Too, you brute?

> I know a nice ass when I see one.  Does that count?

I don't know if I want to know if it counts.

> for us to put more drinks on.

I need a drink. And it's only 9 AM.

> I'll have to revert to what my legal council, Mr.
> Schrade, has already posted on the matter.

Good, I've already deconstructed his argument.

> In this case, a very public and already damaging
> case, he darn well should (if he isn't) be.

And Pete ALWAYS does what he's supposed to. That's why
we're discussing this.

> Who let you off your leash??

"Drop the leash, drop the leash..."

> But, I did think he was working through past demons.
> I hold no negative opinion on that.

I would hope not. Working past demons is a GOOD thing.

> GDP up 7.2%.

Consumer spending plunged to the lowest level all
year. Gas prices poised to rise significantly. BTW,
how much money does the GDP put in your pocket? Right.
Rich people getting richer doesn't count as an
"economic recovery."

> If *we* can't understand him, then it's all hopeless
> anyway.

When was the last time you really understood someone?
Even Tania? Really. Ethan, maybe you have a shot with
him for a few years.

> I'm not sure how to respond.

I guess that no one else here reads Heinlein.

> God, but instead these tiny string (not Sting)
> cheese things that are so small that we can't see
> them.

Clearly it's a String Cheese Incident.
Oh, and...Meterosexual????

=====