being Pete's lawyer

> His latest diary post, while comforting at first, seemed to show a poss-
> ible contradiction upon further review.
>
> Remember, what seems like years ago, Pete stated that he visited sites
> *three or four times.*  Was he speaking of the portal, or list-site then?
> The same one he is referring to in his latest diary entry?
>
> Here are the quotes I'm speaking of:
>
> 1.
> ==========
> From his written statement in early 2003:
>
> "On one occasion I used a credit card to enter a site advertising child
> porn. I did this purely to see what was there."
> ==========
>
> 2.
> ==========
> From his Sun interview in early 2003:
>
> "I have looked at child porn sites maybe three or four times in all, the
> front pages and previews.  But I have only entered once using a credit card
> and I have never downloaded."
> the sites listed, and I did not delve any further."
> ==========
>
> Quotes #1 & #3 match up, if one accepts the word "site" in Quote #1 as
> meaning the portal, or list-site, referred to in Quote #3.
>
> But what about Quote #2?  "I have looked at child porn sites maybe *three
> or four times* in all, the *front pages & previews.*"
>
> Now, I've been on normal porn sites (!) & also normal porn portals, or
> list-sites, where all you get is a list of sites to choose from - ranked
> banner ads & so forth.
>
> But to get to a "front page" or a "preview" of a site from a portal site
> one has to click on one of the banner listings & they will then be taken
> to the actual site (the "front page") & the "preview" option.
>
> I'm assuming that's what Pete means he did in Quote #2.  But Quote #3
> very distinctly says that from the portal, or list-site, he "saw the list-
> ings & went no further."
>
> So which was it?  Did he only look at a portal, or list-site, as stated
> in Quote #3?  Or did he look at the "front pages" & "previews" of actual
> sites as he states in Quote #2?
>
> There seems to be some contradictory statements here.  And
> it's bugging
> me.  <sigh>
>

> - - SCHRADE in Akron

Well, Scott, from what I read here, Pete is saying that he has visited other sites directly to get to front pages and previews, but only paid the $5 to see the listings on the Landslide sight.  There is no contradiction if interpreted this way.  After all, one wouldn't be able to do much research on internet child porn if only going to "portals" which provide links to sites.

Mc