Re: New Diary Entry - PT

In a message dated 10/17/2003 10:08:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> This is necessary, for some, to hear from him.

Well, it does help comfort the mind hearing Pete clearly explain him-
self.  Faith is one thing; facts are another.  I like having facts to
back up my faith.

I think our definition of faith is different from one another.  Faith is not
hope.  Faith is not wishful thinking or positive thinking.  Faith is the
substantiation of things that really are there but cannot be sensed by the natural
senses alone. Personally, I don't have faith in Pete.  I just believed what he
said because there was no proof of the accusations to the extent they were
exaggerated to.

The facts in this whole mess show that Pete was telling the truth.
Speculation is making up things that "may" have happened based on imaginary fears with
no evidence to back these fears up.

I'm glad that Pete did post this though, because it shows that he cares.

Jon in Mi.

In this age of modern science, it seems that everything must be questioned
before it can be believed.  Of course, this is very meaningless because the
condition for obtaining truth is not skepticism, but impartiality and the lack of
prejudice.  Skepticism is a form of prejudice.  Hence, skepticism does not
lead men to the way of truth.

Watchman Nee  1927