Re: The public speaks; Now & Then & TKAA DVD

> Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify it.

Pete's guitar playing justifies it for me.

> Oh, come ON! Nothing Townshend has done sounds like Cetera.

I was being hyperbolic (?).  It's not as bad as a Peter Cetera song.
But I still don't like it.  I don't care for the la-di-da, up & down
chorus melody pattern.

The message & subject matter are fine; I don't have a problem with
those.  It's true:  every now & then you *can* fall in love almost
instantly.  I just don't like the meandering, loopy melody.

This weekend, for *my* soft Pete, I went to WHITE CITY & chose "Hiding
Out" with its odd Caribbean feel juxtaposed against the lyrics of
self-despair.  Much better than the sappy, wimpiness of "Now & Then."

> I know you've got a Punk band and all,

We're more power-pop than punk.  At least to my ears.

> what happened to the scene just before AQO (I think) when they were
> applying makeup (B&W footage)?

That's on the DVD.  You must've been attending to a customer.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Religion is the science of former times, dried out & turned to dogma;
it is only the husk of an outdated scientific explanation.
	- Roger Martin du Gard