The public speaks; Now & Then & TKAA DVD

>Yes, even when there are less of them.

Mc:

Whatever you have to tell yourself to justify it. I'm not going to apologize for calling the situation as it is, even if it isn't the "popular" stance to take. Tough shit. I can tell you how the general music public thinks about it, at least around here: they ALL think it should NOT be called The Who. I have asked more than a hundred people now. Not ONE thinks it's a good idea. Granted, these are people who love music and are intelligent enough to seek the best place in town to get music...

>I must say, I hate "Now & Then," too. Sounds like a Peter Cetera song.

Scott:

Oh, come ON! Nothing Townshend has done sounds like Cetera. I know you've got a Punk band and all, but you can't discount N&T with a quick fart. Cetera, for instance, would NEVER have included a line with the depth of "For though I knew I was twice your age/To make you laugh seemed youth enough..." I really can't believe people don't love this song. For me, it's a standout track on what is probably Townshend's best album.

>Ouch! I really like this song. If you strip away the backingvocals,
and crank up what sounds like a harmonica of
some sort, you get this nice bluesy, seafaring sorta
vibe that just pours melancholy all over the place.

Joe:

Yes, the beauty of the song is clearly there. The fact that it can communicate melancholy is proof of the Art aspect I wrote of earlier. It's pure Townshend, his voice perfect, his sentiments honest and heartfelt, the music flowing and lovely.

I think I'll listen to it now...great Sunday evening fare, that.

>I dig it! Can you dig it?

Yes, SOME of us can! To the depths with our very last breath!

>What a wonderful piece of art, and an important piece in
the history or should I say "legend" of The Who.

I got mine yesterday, watched it twice in the store. I can't add anything to the other reviews, it's a wonderful piece. The sound and picture quality are amazing. I didn't have a problem with the darker picture. However, without having seen the "non-director's cut" in some time...what happened to the scene just before AQO (I think) when they were applying makeup (B&W footage)? Did someone decide to just leave it out? Has anyone else noticed missing footage?

>he immediately looks up to see this wonderful woman whipping
Keith in this wonderful outfit. My wife looks over and
motions for me to stop, but it is too late.

Ha ha ha! Oh, well, what can you do?

"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
                             Rush Limbaugh

                     Cheers         ML