CD sales- fewer tracks

> The LA Times said changes would mean a "shake-up" in the music industry,
> which was structured around albums of up to 16 tracks
> selling for $12
> (#7.50).

HAHA!!!  Where are the LA Times researchers buying their CDs?  The only CDs for sale at $12 are on 25% off sale.  The cheapest new CDs I ever see at any CD store (including Best Buy) are $15.  Hell, old Who CDs like By Numbers and A Quick One are selling at $15 at Best Buy.  If all the new CDs that were released cost $12, piracy would not be as big a problem.  The truth is that CDs are simply not very expensive to make, which is why people are downloading and/or copying them.  The record companies need to come down with their prices.  I'm not condoning piracy, per se, but I am being practical.  And fewer tracks isn't the answer, either.  Maybe some live tracks of the better songs on the album, or live tracks of prior hits would be better than the "filler" they are talking about.  Leaving CDs half filled is dumb.

Mc