Re: Bad idea

> Pete can do anything he wants.  He is not guilty of
> anything, and he should
> not have to censer his art
> unless what he is doing is criminal - it is not.
>
> Pete has a son, who is a boy.   Why can't Pete use the
> word boy in conversation, song lyrics, song titles or
> album titles?   Changing his plan would be a clear
> sign that the world is F?.#$d Up!   Yeah let's just remove
> the word *boy* from his vocabulary, that'll fix him.
>
> This is too Orwellian for my liking.   Could it be easy
> for cheap-shot comedians to make jokes?  Yeah!  Who
> cares!    As far as I'm concerned, Jay Leno is a waste
> of skin, and the next time he says something intelligent
> and thought provoking, it will be his first.
>
> There!   Boy, boy, boy, boy, boy.  I'm a boy!  I'm a boy!
>
> Joe in Philly

You missed my point entirely.  It's not about what he CAN do, it's about what he SHOULD do.  The art will be the same regardless of what it is called.  There are practical considerations to be considered.

I wanted to fucking kill a good friend of mine for making a crack about Pete just yesterday, and I straight told him that I didn't ever fucking want him to mention it again and he knew I was serious and didn't find it funny in any way.  I am one of Pete's staunchest defenders, and I NEVER allow anyone to get away with ignorant comments about his legal troubles... EVER!

I called the most popular morning radio show in the gulf south, Walton and Johnson, and set them staright one morning when they were making fun of Pete.  I signed onto the petition that was circulated.  I sent e-mails to newspapaers and TV shows.  I hated having to do it, but I did it and still do it today.

The question isn't whether it's right that people will make ignorant jokes at Pete's expense if these titles remain, but that it WILL occur.  It's a PR nightmare.  It heaps more abuse on his biggest fans and supporters, needlessly calling on them again to battle on his behalf.  I will defend him to the grave when it is warranted, but he should not create a bad situation when it is completely avoidable with very little effort on his part.

Is it too much to ask that Pete simply not make The Who a laughing stock by releasing a single called Real Good Looking Boy?  It will hurt so many more people than it will help.  The music will be there for those will embrace it regardless of the title.  The world is ignorant and unfair and always be so.  Pete should not then seemingly go out of his way to unleash that force on himself, Roger, The Who, and the fans who defend and support him.

Mc