THE WHO RETURN! March 29, 2004

Nov.13, 2003

Message from Pete: Performance honoring 150th Anniversary of Royal Albert Hall
(and to think, they banned The Who in the 1970's!)
First new song of new Who album, "Real Good Looking Boy," now in the can with
Greg Lake of Emerson, Lake and Palmer on bass.

http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/diary/display.cfm?id=71&zone=diary

      Done? Deal that is......

        Looks like we're on. Roger and I met today for a chat and we are
definitely going to play on the day of the 150th anniversary of The Royal
Albert Hall on March 29th. We will perform something quite surprising I
think.

      We also finished our recording of my song REAL GOOD LOOKING BOY. Roger
has been singing it to his mates all over the USA while shooting the History
Channel special this summer. We did it in a fairly raw form, but it brought
together the band from last year's tour (apart from Pino who is out with Simon
and Garfunkel - Greg Lake filled in beautifully. Smashing fellow). Zak, Rabbit
and my brother Simon played brilliantly and Roger and I were bloody useless.
But what do you expect of two such creaky old tossers?

      I am back in my own studio again preparing songs and visual material for
some kind of future project, which I hope will provide a pathway of some kind
for Roger and me in the future.

      Whatever happens, Roger and I are facing our 'new' Everly Brothers
format with excitement and trepidation. I sense great chaotic madness
ahead.......

      Is that good?

      From who.net/news

      Kevin in VT

[demime 1.01b removed an attachment of type image/gif which had a name of spacer.gif]