Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #330

> people I only know in a tangential way.

Scott:

The kick in the balls solution is in order.

> Hmmmm, doesn't sound like Mark agrees with you on
> that point.

Kevin:

No, I can't say I do. I think Pete writes the way I
do, and that's one way when actually WRITING but in a
forum such as this, or a diary if I had one, it's more
casual and less considered. Like a conversation.

> to open. maybe pete can not get his story straight
> because it is something his lawyer told him to say.

Joe O:

Well, that's a real problem for me. That definitely
strongly implies Pete is hiding something.

> but what the hey--what was I thinking on june 12
> 1997 when i was surfing the net. i have got no
> effing idea.

That's a damned good point!

> aspirations at
> being list poster of the month then?

Joe L:

You have my vote.

> That'll get Mark's attention.

Presume a lot, you do.

> BTW, Sowwy.  I mean, at the time, things were
> getting heated and passionate

Jo:

HEY! You promised to keep your dating out of this!

> Jo  :) <who is working on being kinder, gentler and
> more positive>

Just don't end up "kind and gentle" like a certain
invader of countries that have never done anything to
the US, ever.

> nothing against Pino or Tony Butler or Chucho
> Merchan or anyone, but I think

Michael:

The reason I prefer Tony Butler is purely from a "fill
Entwistle's shoes soundwise" point of view. Obviously
no one can really do this, but as far as Zak replaces
Keith then Tony could replace John. Listening to Look
Away by Big Country gives you some idea about what I
mean. Butler is quite an amazing bass player.
Jones or anyone mentioned so far could NOT fill
Entwistle's place. The problem with these high profile
guys is they are mired in their own unique sound. So
unless they are willing to completely surpress what
made them famous and imitate JAE, it's not going to
sound the same at all. Which is OK with me if they
don't call it The Who, in fact it would be a plus from
my point of view.

> - - He would contribute a lot
> musically/compositionally (He wrote a lot of cool
> music with Zep and on his own)

But is that what Pete wants?

> - - He would generate a LOT of good publicity for
> any new Who project.

No doubt about that. I envision video of a red-faced
(instead of the usual pasty-faced) Page trying not to
curse in public.

=====
Just say Yes to Wes!

        Cheers         Mark Leaman