Phoenix House? or Survivors?

	>From: SicilianMother@
	>Subject: Phoenix House? or Survivors?

>*I* need more clarification.

It's all about you.

>  The Phoenix
>House (for drug/alcohol rehab) is not the same as Phoenix Survivors (for victims
>of child abuse).

No one, not even *you*, Jo, knew that, until the Phoenix Survivors came out with their retracting statement.  Or, are you saying you belonged to this UK organization.  So, sorry if your hind sight of 20/20 strikes me as self-righteous.
And, that retraction statement didn't come out until *after* I visited my local Phoenix House.

Further more, if you do a detailed search of "Phoenix House" (which is how it was presented in the newspaper article that addressed their statement right after the Ped. story broke) on the web, you'll find that there are Phoenix Houses for victims of child abuse (and other things) too, thank you very much.

Our local Phoenix House didn't have a big sign saying "for drug/alcohol rehab only.  For child abuse, go down the road".
I didn't find out what kind of Phoenix House it was until I was there....as I reported in my post immediately following my visit.

>That is an extremely important point if you are trying to
>better understand the victims of child abuse (Phoenix SURVIVORS),  and not
>drug/alcohol recovery (Phoenix HOUSE) which isn't even applicable to Pete in the
>context of what we have been discussing, pedophilia.

Geeeee.
Ya think??!!

>So, even if you did talk to someone when you were there, what truth did you
>think you were going to get at being there?  Or did you simply not realize that
>Phoenix House is different then Phoenix Survivors?

I'm laughing at you given the above information.

>I never understood what you really actually accomplished.

You don't seem to understand much at the moment.

>I DO understand
>what you tried to accomplish.  I am curious if you did ever actually end up
>talking to anyone that gave you any insight into Pete and other victims of child
>abuse at the Phoenix House?

I posted in detail what happened.
You can read it on your own.

Only a few days after my visit, Phoenix "Survivors" (ending that confusion) came out with a retraction statement, and all was forgiven.
So, then, at that point, it was all *obviously* mute.

Kevin in VT