Re: Eminence Front

Ken writes:
>I used to think this song was about pretentious people
and their facades used to affect superiority over
others.

>Now I think it has more to do with the myriad forms of
self-medication used to help "people forget..."  The
drinks flow, girls smile, etc. washing over the pain.
Now one could add "the mouse clicks, and people forget"

Nice one!    I think you're on to something.   Who
was at the epicenter of Pete's lyrics?   Was it himself,
members of the band?   It seems to me that Pete's intent
may be somewhat smaller in scope, and the result is a
larger sweeping societal statement.    Statistically
speaking, what's true about a small group, can be
extrapolated to a much larger group.

Was Pete sobering up during the It's Hard writing/recording, and had an outsiders view of
the escapism that was taking place?

Thanks for that $5 thought Ken.   The rest of the day
is on me!

Joe in Philly