Re: Eminence Front

Kevin wrote:

> To quote Chris Charlesworth, "It's really no surprise that the best track on
'It's Hard', Eminence Front, is actually more a Townshend solo effort than a
band recording."

Kevin:
While I like EF - a lot, I do not regard it as the best
track on It's Hard.   This is where Chris Charlesworth
and I disagree.   If you're in Chris' camp on this issue,
then I disagree with you too.     Take that!  &:-P

In my not so humble opinion, the best track honors go
to "Cry, If You Want".   This has more Who elements such
as strong Roger vocals, thickly applied Townshend lyrics,
self-pity/self-examination themes, aannnnnnnndd....
it Flat Out ROCKS!

It's Hard and I have a special relationship.  It was my
first Who album purchase, and I was sick in my college
dorm without my full record collection and only It's Hard
and The Yes Album.   Suffice it to say, I got to know
It's Hard by overdosing on it ("I'm Keith Moon, I'll take
them all...")

Joe in Philly