Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #323

Boy, I always thought I was pretty good at humor and detecting sacrasm, but
I must say this "pedo" jargon it perplexing and annoying.  Is this
conversation entertaining to you guys?  Maybe I don't know enough about the
facts in this matter, but I can say that I can't really tell what you all
are getting at in the matter.  Sounds to me like you are all getting NO
WHERE!  Scott, what is it you are trying to say? Maybe we can sift through
all the haystack and find the needle or diamond here.

Pete Townsend is a stupendously talented musician.  That is why I like him.
I enjoy his music and performance.  Is he innocent or guilty?  Do I know?
Does that mean he is no longer a great musician one way or the other?  I am
his fan not because I know him as a person, but I have heard and seen his
performance.  Can I judge him?  I have learned painfully over the last
couple years, that to judge a man is not my right. No man is perfect and
flawless. I used to think there were a few close to perfect people, until I
was proven wrong, which happens to me often (proven wrong again!!) I also
discovered that I, myself, am full of imperfections.  Does that mean I think
he is guilty? No.  That means to me, it doesn't make any difference in my
consideration of his talent.  I will still be his fan, enjoy his music, go
to his concerts (whatever name he comes here using) and let the righteous
judge do the judging.  If he is guilty, the authorities will let everyone
know, and he will pay for his crime.  If he is innocent (and legally we are
supposed to presume one innocent until proven guilty), he can rock on.

Hey, thanks to Jim M. and Thor for the technical advice.  I think we got it
under control here in NC now.  You guys are bombs.

Also, someone mentioned that they really thought alot about "Eminent Front".
Maybe whoever that was can enlighten me about that possibility, cuz I
personally think that that is probably the Who's worst creation.  What do
you see in it that I don't?  What is an eminent front anyway?

PEACE OUT . .

Suzanne in NC