Re: The Who-Zep connection

In a message dated 5/31/2003 9:10:49 AM Eastern Standard Time,
bushchoked@yahoo.com writes:

> I knew it!

Yes, you did, Mark.  This was followed closely by a windmill move by Jimmy as
well.

As I watch this incredible recording of history I see the similarities
between the two bands are numerous.  Some basic things that jump out are:

The same band configuration
There were no weak links among the four of them.
The bass player is the quiet one yet the most talented musically. Both rock
solid.
An over aggressive drummer that was responsible for more than 1/3 of the
band's sound.
A blonde haired front man with powerful lungs and stage presence.
Both lead guitar players had dark hair. (sorry) ;-)

Jimmy Page surely had The Who in mind when he put together the New Yardbirds.
This is an incredible DVD.

Jon in Mi.