The Who-Zep connection

I knew it!

I've long held the conviction (given Page's issues with Townshend and the obvious similarities in the two bands) that Led Zeppelin started off as essentially a Who clone, albeit one more musically based on Blues than R&B. Now I've found more evidence...on the newly released LZ DVD, which consists of live performances. First of all, it's a great set (as is the also available 3 CD set, none of which overlaps with the DVD) and recommended for anyone who likes Zep or merely a Rock fan in general.

But you will find, in the "clips" section of the first DVD under Tous En Scene, Robert Plant swinging his mike like the true Daltrey-wannabe he most certainly was.

Cheers             ML
      An American loses his or her job every 30 seconds
          under Bush, 2.8 million jobs lost so far.