Re: Why to Rolling Stone?

> If I could break in here, it's not Scott's intelligence we notice so much,
> but his wit. :)

D'oh! How about we compromise & say I have an "intelligent wit!"
Acid, too, and great comic timing.  :)

> Everyone had their own personalized contribution to the list. If I might say
> so, yours is emotion, Kevin.

That implies Kevin doesn't use his brains, & nothing could be further from the
truth. How would you feel if we said *your* contribution to the list, Keets, was
brainy essays lacking any feeling?
Over-rational? I wouldn't be surprised. ;)

I don't mean to imply that anybody doesn't use their brain. Kevin's brain is fine.

Let's not generalize.  Each post from each
lister is a whole new ballgame & shouldn't be lumped into some kind of per-
ceived psyche.
I'm talking about first impression, of course, that later on become primary characteristics of the different people on a list. When you first sign on, everyone is a stranger, but right away you start to notice these little things. Wit, emotion, spirituality, etc.

Intelligence is a given, since everyone here has found their way to The Who. ;)

> As Joe....

"Jo" when she's feeling masculine?
No attention to detail, you recall.   Sorry, Jo.

> ....pointed out, we're supposed to be friends, so there's no need for constant
> defence, or even choosing up sides.

Just because I have a differing opinion from Jon, & we "get into it" on the
list doesn't mean I don't consider him a friend. If I didn't consider him a friend
or someone worth talking to, I wouldn't even respond to or get all worked up
by his posts.

Again, even with my lame, immature insults & jabs, I still consider Jon a fellow
Who-Freak, & good friend. His opposing viewpoints educate me. I'm getting
off on the discussion/argument, not any hate.

> I'd expect different people to take different sides in any particular discussion,
> but that doesn't mean they won't be on your sides in the next one.

Exactly.
I the spirit of Jo's soul-cleansing, let me apoligize if I've stepped on anyone's toes in the recent discussions. There's always a tendency to get involved in the arguments and to forget that there are real feelings about Pete underneath the words.

keets