Re: Why to Rolling Stone?

Kevin wrote:
>The question that keeps going 'round in my head, is why did Pete write
>directly to Rolling Stone, and not simply post to his Web site?
>I can't figure that one out.
>There's no legal restriction that I can think of that would still allow
him to
>write to a rag.
>Why not talk directly to us, instead of around us?

>This is quite unprecedented.

>Anyone have any thoughts?

Yeah.  By giving Rolling Stone the exclusive, he threw them a bone
in exchange for a favorable article.  In fact they published his
email verbatim, in effect giving him editorial license.  This "first
to publish" thing is very important in setting the tone for what
other media outlets will publish when they essentially copy the
meat of the article and quote it in their article.   Very crafty
of our Pete.   Very Ray High!

Joe in Philly

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.