Re: Why to Rolling Stone?

> Anyone have any thoughts?

Yeah.  F-you.  Ha!  ;-o  Pete probably emailed Rolling Stone for a few
reasons.

1. He wants to do some damage control in the U.S. because the U.S. is
responsible for much of his, & The Who's, income (I'm not implying that
Pete is only concerned with money, just that the U.S. is an important
market for his artistic outlets).  And as horrible as Rolling Stone
magazine is, it's perceived as *the* American rock magazine.

2. Rather than post the message to his website, which sometimes gives
the impression of yelling from one's soapbox (this is true for all celeb-
rities, not just Pete), Pete went through Rolling Stone magazine because
that lends the message a little more importance & credence, coming as it
is, through a well-respected, journalistic rock magazine (even though it
sucks horribly).

3.  I suspect Pete may still be a bit wary about his relationship with
his hard-core, website-reading fans.  Perhaps a lot of the negativity,
anger, & frustration (much of it spewed from my own mouth) has filtered
back to him.  Quite frankly, he may be embarrassed.

Anyway, those are some of the reasons I thought of - while standing in
line at the grocery store. ;-)

- SCHRADE in Akron