Re: switzerland

Interesting pride issues here - as a former band member, doing covers was harder - playing someone else's styles - riffs - pauses, having audiences picking up every missed note/flubbed word etc.... - our own music was easier - it evolved and was never 'wrong' to the audience.

As for a night of only Who tunes - great in a concert venue, poor if you are taking a lady out to dance...

Two styles of bands, two goals, neither one better, just different.

My two cents.

Steve

At 09:11 AM 5/16/03 -0400, you wrote:
> When Scott works as hard as I am and forms his own band, then let him
> pass judgement on our legitimacy as a Who coverband.

Careful, Mc.  I've been playing drums for the past 13 years in a band I
helped form.  That's 13 years of club touring experience.  That's 13 years
of recording & studio experience, too.

And that's also 13 years of writing our own goddamned songs without the
benefit of the cover band "safety net."  Must be *real* hard work to have
all your songs already written for you.

I think it's safe to say I have the authority to pass judgment on your
little start-up cover band.

So there!  ;-p

- SCHRADE in Akron