Around the campfire with Pete, Satisfaction,

Hey,

I thought I'd share a precious Who moment, and an observation about how
Satisfaction could be rewritten in today's context.

Arround the campfire with Pete:

I was camping this weekend with my kids outside of an amusement park,
and another father's kid kept playing with the campfire. He just kept putting
things into the fire, and poking it with a stick and pulling the stick out with
flames on it. Then he'd obliviously wave the stick around. His father was
on top of this little "Finster" most of the time, but a few times I was on
"fire-nazi" duty. After giving him several "blah, blah....blah, blah" lectures,
I finally had my Eureka moment. I'll use a quote from Slit Skirts.

I says, I says....."'Finster'! put that ?%!@ing STICK DOWN!" Now that I had his
undivided attention. I lay on some thick British accent and say slowly,
"You know, a very wise man once said, 'No one respects the flame quite like
the fool who's badly burned'."

His eyes now fixed on me. He places the stick down into the fire ring and
retreats to his chair. I just love camping!

Satisfaction:

I've been getting hammered with spam more so than usual. Some of it
is really nasty stuff. The usual offers for enlargement, etc. Lately there
have been lot's of "young ________" subjects. It's getting out of control,
and I really don't see an end to it as long as legitimate servers can be
hacked and taken over like pirate ships from which new, "temporary"
spam guns are put into service.

If Mick and Keith were in tune with this, and Satisfaction was written today,
I think the following lines would be present.

I can't get no satisfaction, I can't get no satisfaction
but I try, yes I try, and I try, and I try

I can't get no.... I can't get no .....

When I'm surfing round the world, and an ad pops up and tells me
how make my member grow

I can't get no.... no, no, no..... hey, hey, hey!

When I'm check'n my hotmail, and note's queueing up the inbox
and it's tell'n me 'bout babies'n rape

I can't get no.... no, no, no..... hey, hey, hey!

But these big stars are not taking stands anymore, so it is unlikely
that we'll here something from them that stirs the pot!

I like Mick and Keith too. But they don't come close to Pete!

Sorry for the OT Stones material!

Joe in Philly