Re: Pete's person

He has said both, as I documented here last week and others have done throughout this ordeal. His first public statement specifically said the research was for his 'book'. The last statement, that is still posted on his website, says it was for his crusade. I can only think of two explanations:
c) The child porn websites were the genesis of the crusade.

No one would (right out of the blue) suddenly say, "I'm going to put together a crusade against child porn on the Internet." Instead, there's a process of gradual awareness that would take place, accidently running across a site and being surprised and horrified, but not really realizing the scope of the problem. After Joseph blundered into a site, then Pete would have been more concerned. He also said that Gary Glitter's arrest was a wake up call. Somewhere along the line he had a look at the extent of the problem, maybe as part of research for his book, and while he's looking the idea occurs that he needs to do something about this. Maybe it was delayed for a while by a consultation with his lawyer, but Pete made some comments in interviews even before he posted "A Different Bomb." Jerry Hall also said he had advised her on software to protect her children, which means he had been researching that subject.

keets