Re: Pete's person

From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@akrobiz.com>

> Where is everyone getting this notion that Pete visited Child Porn sites
> repeatedly as part of some effort against child porn?
> By his own words and admission to the press and police, Pete entered those
> sites to research for his own *autobiography*.

So which was it, Mr. Townshend? Looking at kiddie porn for your crusade
against it, or looking at kiddie porn for research on your autobiography?
All of the above? Were there any other motives?
He has said both, as I documented here last week and others have done throughout this ordeal. His first public statement specifically said the research was for his 'book'. The last statement, that is still posted on his website, says it was for his crusade. I can only think of two explanations:

a. It's all the same thing to Pete. The book is part of the crusade, the crusade is part of his personal healing, etc., etc., etc.

b. He's making it all up. There is no crusade. A Different Bomb was written because Pete knew the site he visited was busted and he was already positioning himself for a defense.

I believe 'a', unequivocally. I believe there were several things going on in his work and his mind that made him want to know just how bad the worst material out there was. As he said, he was 'angry' and that 'clouded his judgement.' However stupid his decision was, and it was monumentally stupid, I believe his desire was to *expose* the seedy world of Internet Pornography to the general public, through whatever means he could, be it his writing, his music, his website, speaking to people he knew, whatever. And, to me, on a personal, moral level, that's what separates Pete from the average perv who decides to go into one of these sites just to satisfy his own depraved curiosity. The reason I believe him so assuredly is that the police found no incriminating material in any of his possesions.

Others here have implied that 'b' is a possibility. Whether that was intentional or not, that's what 'repeatedly' pointing out that ADB was written after the site was busted says to me. Perhaps someone will offer options c, d, e..., I'd love to hear them.

Jim M