Listening Session and Psychoderelict connections

This evening started off with the video, TheWHO's TOMMY - The Amazing Journey. Gotta love that late seventies live footage! I've always assumed that particular footage was from Swansea (Roger is wearing the same shirt in the Charton 74 video footage but the TOMMY medley wasn't played at that show) and it boggles the mind that it hasn't been made available...I would venture to say that Swansea 76 (having heard what's available from it plus bootlegs) is a much tighter performance than Young Vic 71 but WHO am I to judge....
I donned the Koss headphones and put in the Two's Missing CD. I really hope you've all got this one because apparently it's out of print. Most of it is available from other sources (Water, Waspman, I'm A Man, etc.) but it's worth having for Dogs Part Two and My Wife (SF, 71) which is definately the best live verision ever released. Hopefully this'll be reissued in the future.
I've been trying not to write about Pete's current situation (one recent post not withstanding) only because there's not a whole lot to say that hasn't been said already (esp. Shrade and Kevin whom I think have said it best, good on you mates!).
This must've been brought up in recent months only because the connection seems so obvious but after giving Petes last solo album (PD) a fresh listen, I became amazed at the similarities to the situation. For example the references to child pornography in the plot, the media frenzy, the lyrics to Dont' Try To Make Me Real inlclude the lines:
"make me of shit in a two-tenner deal/make me of pornography in a pedophile wheel"
English Boy:
"I read about myself in the newspapers/I'm a pig, I'm a thug, I've got nowhere to go but down"

Like I said, this must've been pointed out before but I'm not sure.

Peace

Andy

ps- May 13, 1969: the WHO began a three night stand at The Boston Tea Party. Just a red letter date for you fellow Masshole Who Freaks.

"I don't talk to musicians...
they might influence me."
- Pete Townshend
Mansfield, Mass 7/26/2002