Reflections on Psychoderelict of Pete Townshend of The Who

In Psychoderelict PT discussed some great characteristics of our society, like the manipulation and intended alienation of our press, serving to particular interests. It is not to say that there is some evil agenda, but the efforts to assault our rights by the argument of, for instance, combating terrorism is so evident that only frightening patriots not recognize. Or the propaganda embedded in the ridiculous orange or yellow alerts... As Entwistle said in a moment of rare inspiration, "fear is the key to your soul".

PT, in Psychoderelict, asks in the end: "What was done with all that lovely hippie shit?" We can answer: It was destroyed by the conservative reaction... "What was done with peace & love?" We may answer: It was destroyed by fear. Someone said that the human race's capacity for war and violence is as strong as the need to breathe, nevertheless I say that is as strong as we are able for love and harmony, because these are the two sides of the same coin.

On September 11, 2001 war was declared on our country, this is for sure. But we are able to see the different perspective of the other side, without prejudice? We, the western side, created a country into cyclone's eye... In the core of the Middle East, in Palestine, we put a prefabricated Israel in a land where Muslims lived for centuries and centuries... And we support them, the Israelis, totally, without thinking... This is a cancer in the region, this is a great offense to them, and we have the moral obligation to repair this, permitting that Palestines getting their own country, in peace... Because we want peace, and not war... Because from this war may erupt the III World War, with terrorists exploding nuclear bombs, in the name of Allah, and we exploding nuclear bombs, in the name of God, and the world will collapses, in the name of whom?

These are reflections about Psychoderelict of PT, if you allow me to do that...

Thanks