Re: Jane, you ignorant...just kidding.

>From: "L. Bird" <pkeets@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Jane, you ignorant...just kidding.

>Not denial. He needs to attack their premise. He's not to blame for this,
and transferring blame to him (and other users) is counterproductive. It
will never stop the >flow of child porn.

>Because he's not responsible for their abuse. It would be good to say he
feels their pain and that he's one of them, but he shouldn't take the blame
for their abuse.

Of course he's not directly responsible for their abuse, but in the eyes of
many, including the victims who's feelings should be of utmost concern to
Pete, he has directly contributed to the industry, and has crossed an
ethical line that shouldn't have been crossed.
But, if you think "attacking" the victims premis is the solution, than all I
can say is I'm glad you're not giving advise directly to Pete.
He needs to first acknowledge their feelings, accept them, and apologize to
them for any hurt he may have caused.  *Then*, he can explain himself.
This is not the time for Pete to try and punch his way out of the situation.

Kevin in VT