Re: Isn't it always an attorney that messes it all up.

>Reporting it might well have brought on the investigation and media frenzy
that much earlier.

Yes, a media frenzy covering an accidental finding that was reported to the
police immediately. Compared to a media frenzy covering multiple visits, lack of disclosure,
payment via credit card, and the defense of "I was doing research".

Yep. How silly of me. It's the same thing.
Hindsight. It really was better advice to keep quiet and hope nothing would be found. I'm sure this has been bothering Pete. Someone posted that he had commented about the charity work being atonement--this may have been because he felt it was a sin to take his attorney's advice.

keets