Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?

>From: "Jim M"
>Subject: Re: Woke up Free but Branded by his Fans Too?
>
>I don't think it's too much of a leap
>to say it sounds like you're saying you occasionally purchase
>marijuana for personal consumption.

I think it's an ass-umption.  No, I know it.

>something that you were pretty sure was was going to some thug somewhere,

I contest the validity of this theory.  A theory that has nothing what so
ever to do with Pete and what he has done.
If it did, The Who and many other musicians like Paul McCartney would be on
a list of offenders and would be receiving social condemnation.
It's not even a close comparison.
There is no social stigma involved with the consumption or purchase of
marijuana.

>*not even once*, then great, you're lilly white.  Is that what you're
>saying, Saint Kevin?

A), it's none of your FUCKING business.
And, you can go stick your "Saint Kevin" right up your fucking ass.

>Because, that's the standard you're holding Pete to.

You're an idiot if you think the two are even remotely related.

>Pete's legal issue has been dealt with by the legal authorities.

And will continue to be dealt with for the next 5 years, not to mention the
"branding" that will last the rest of his life.

>We've, no *you've*, crossed over into moral condemnation.  That's nothing
to do with
>the law.

So what?  Really, so fucking what.
Social mores, while they guide laws, hold people to a higher standard than
laws themselves do.

>That's what makes me uncomfortable,

Like I could care shit if you're uncomfortable.  What, are you the comfort
police????
I guess you must be feeling REALLY uncomfortable now, because anyone who's
paying the least bit of attention is condemning Pete's morals at the moment.
Or, did I *imagine* the recent article in The Guardian and other sources.
Take a look around you *Jim* and see how this is playing out.

>Kevvie-poo.

And Fuck You.

Kevin in VT